Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Gavin turns 5.... (although he is now 6)



This is Gavin's 5th birthday party at Grandma's Lorraine's home. Yes, I know he has already turned 6 and I will be posting those pictures after this weekend. Anyway, his 5th birthday was awesome. Tons of family and friends came to eat and watch the kids play on the water slide. My aunt (as always) made Gavin's cake, his request a motorcycle. Boy oh boy does she know how to deliver!

After a good old fashion water balloon toss the kids, followed by the grow ups had a donut eating contest. We were able to score some of my husband's favorite donuts from Krispy Kreme (thanks Claire)! FYI by the time the party started a whole box had already been eaten?!?! I wonder who was responsible for that :) ! Gavin's party happened a little while after my bother in law's horrible accident, where he fell off a cliff. So at the party his mouth was still wired shut. However the temptation of a Krispy Kreme seemed too difficult to resist and he had to take one off the string during the game. How he manged to eat it was a task in itself.

It was a wonderful party and a sad reminder that my little boy keeps getting older. I cry about this all the time by the way, I really wish I could lock him in a time capsule and he would stay my little boy forever!! I know I am really weird but what can I say, I just love him so much!!