Sunday, May 23, 2010

Easter 09' and 10'



Since I am incredibly awesome at posting I am now having to make up for it by posting two Easter’s in one. I can’t miss anything or I know I will regret it later down the road. First Easter of 09’.




We had Easter at my aunts house which of course was lovely. It wasn’t our Easter with Gavin but my awesome family waited until we picked him up later that day to have the hunt. As usual in our family we had an abundance of eggs and only a few children to hunt. Oh well, I guess the adults can help the kids out by eating some of their candy (what a shame)! I have to be honest I am having a hard time remembering what happened that year. I do remember a few days before Gavin got a huge goose egg on his head from falling off a couch. I wasn’t there so I don’t know the whole story but I do remember being told it was a bad fall. Poor kid! I am sure the massive amounts of candy he got made up for the minor mishap.




This Easter again was at Lynette’s house. I usually swap holiday’s with my mothers side however, being the I am pregnant I had no energy and didn’t that much I just stayed put. Our family grew a lot this year! My cousin Chase got home from him mission in Spain last November and all my little cousin got boy/girlfriends. While one this subject my little cousin Briana just got hitched on May 14th and, Chase and his girlfriend just got engaged. I am sure with all these new people and this includes my babies next Easter will be one for the books.




Getting back to this Easter....




The kids had a blast and again too many eggs. I really have to blame this on myself, I always buy too many because for some psychotic reason I am worried that there wont be enough?! This over obsessive behavior will one day come in handy, I promise! As we were hiding the eggs my brother in law thought it would be fun to make the hunt more challenging this year. So he hid the eggs is some extremely difficult places. So difficult in fact he had to throw the egg on top of a drain. Some how it didn’t roll off! However as genius as an idea as this was we knew no one could get the egg. So with a little help from my husband Wade was able to finally retrieve the egg. By the way no one in the family could believe that how he got the egg up there. Honestly he threw it and it didn’t roll!




Another great Easter and a very special one at that! Thank you to the wonderful cooks in my family and the amazing company!