Monday, May 5, 2008

Weekend with Teeagers!!




I am in this time period right now where I don’t want to post but I am going to drag through it for the sake of my beautiful scrapbook that will come from this blog. I really need one because I am not creative enough to make a really cute scrapbook and get board with it ever time I start. So to keep a long story short I went to Pinetop with my sister in law and her friend last weekend (Jennifer was asked to Pinetop prom.) Being that she is only 17 and tends to be a teenage girl all of the time, my MIL wanted me to take her. Well I did not want to go with two teenagers and myself so I brought my friend along for the ride. It was very interesting to say the least. I love my SIL but have decided I don’t want a teenage girl, or at least I will keep her alienated from most of modern technology. I had no idea how much teenagers these days TEXT!! I hate it, don’t get me wrong I use text messaging for short conversations or when I am in an environment where talking isn’t exactly smiled upon (aka doctors offices and waiting rooms). However I had no clue that cell phones are no longer used to talked, just to text your friends hundreds of times. I swear to you they must have texted at least 2-3 hours of the 4 hour ride home.
So on with my “short” story we got to Pinetop late Friday night and had to turn on the power, water, and gas. I am posting a picture of the water knob to prove to my father it was not as easy as he thinks it is. (Again scrapbook purposes my dad doesn’t read my blog.) It took Tricia and me a little while to open the door where the T-Bar was so we could use it to twist the knob. Then I had to dig through wonderful bugs and use my finger nails just to find the dumb knob. This really wouldn’t have been a problem but I kept telling my dad I couldn’t find the knob and he said “Marci, I can find with my eyes close”. Tricia can tell you it wasn’t as easy as it may look, also it was 9:30pm so the lack of light didn’t really help. Well eventually I found it and we were able to turn the water on.
So on Saturday Tricia and I went out “on the town”, while the girls went on their day date. FYI I really wish I could go to prom again, I forgot how fun it is to get all dressed up, I didn’t really get to enjoy me prom/high school days enough. When they got home from there date Jennifer’s dress wasn’t completely done so thank heavens Tricia can sew because she finished the dress while I did hair and make up. I feel like girls these days tend to go more casual dressing at prom so I wasn’t sure how my Barbie Doll SIL would look in her VERY pink dress. Apparently Pinetop is a different world because we saw a bunch of girls is very interesting dresses. We thought it would be fun to see what all the girls were wearing. It was pretty easy to watch them all too, we just had to sit in front of the movie theaters. That’s right the prom was in the concession part of the movie theaters. However they closed down all the shops along side of the theaters so that the kids could have free food along with the dance. Anyways we saw a neon green dress and a camouflaged dress; it’s the least I could expect.
My short story is dragging on to much so to wrap it up, it was fun. I have learned a lot about what I might have been like as a teenager. Although I have to say I thought I was a lot more mature at that age, may be I wasn’t I probably just thought I was? I was glad I had the chance to spend some time at my cabin. I love that it is always quite and peaceful there. Even thought there where some minor set back all in all it was a great trip. Thanks Tricia for helping me tame the wild ones and sewing Jennifer dress. G T G T!!!!!