Wednesday, May 7, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAVIN!!!

From this to..................................








.................................THIS!!!!!!!












Warning this is a long post but I want it for my scrapbook, sorry!



Gavin has brought such an extraordinary light into our lives and this Saturday he will turn 4. I have no clue how I ever understood what life was really about before he came along. Two weeks before Gavin was born I made and appointment for May 10th at 5pm. I have to say it was nice to know the exact day and time I would go to the hospital. I was not allowed to eat for nine hours before surgery so that morning my mother, sister, and I all went to Mimis Café to eat. I was nervous but I was still pregnant so eating until I could barley move was not too hard. Being pregnant I could barley move anyways. Then we ran some errands and all I could think about was tonight I am going to have a baby! Eventually the time came and we drove down to Banner Desert Hospital. They started to prep me for the c-section and all of the sudden I started to have contractions. Now I know they weren’t as bad a full blow out labor but still I was in some pain. They hooked me up to a monitor and sure enough I was having contractions. Although they did tell me since I hadn’t had anything to drink in 7 hours and was slightly dehydrated it added to the effect. I got up to walk to the OR and had to sit down about a million times because I swore the pain was so bad. At 5:30pm they took Gavin out and the first thing I said was is he cute?! I was a little delirious at the time but could see this perfect little baby and heard him cry, it was the sweetest sound.Gavin weighted 7lbs 10oz and I thought he was huge. He came out ready do eat and that is what he did for the next 2 hours. It was an experience I will never forget and am so grateful for my little Gavinos!! Oh and for the record the name Gavin did come from Gavin Rossdale I really liked the way it sounded. However I almost named him Staten or Austin. I am glad I vetoed Austin though.

I know that Gavin won’t be able to read this but one day he can read my scrapbook and read this letter to him so this is for you Gavin.
Gavin this Saturday you will turn 4!! Time has gone by so fast and seems to just past quicker and quicker every year. I want you to know how incredibly grateful I am that you are in my life. I can still remember the day you where born, I stuffed my face at Mimi’s Café early that morning so that I would be full until 5pm when I had to go to the hospital to have you. I was so nervous that day and could not sleep at all the night before. You were so strong from the moment you came into this world. The nurse walked over to you to check you grasping reflex, you held onto her fingers so tight that you lifted yourself off the table. Talk about strength!!! I am so happy that life turned out the way it did, and that I was able to be blessed with such and amazing little boy. Thank you so much Gavin, for teaching me humility, true happiness, love, fullfillment, and for allowing me to be your mother. I don’t feel I deserve you but thank you for hanging in there with me. I am forever indebted to be blessed with you, and don't know how I will every be good enough to be your mother. I love you more than words can describe and could write a novel on what you have brought to my life. I will save you the reading but just know how much I love and know that you are such a strong individual and have so much to offer. You are so amazing now I can’t even imagine what you will be like in the future. Slow down and stop growing up so fast! I love you and you are the GREATEST kid in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love your Mommy!!