Monday, April 7, 2008

Sand Dunes


This past weekend I had a weekend to myself because Gavin and Troy went to the Sand Dunes with a few of his friends and their kids. I was so excited to have a weekend with myself, although I didn’t spend one moment by myself. Unfortunately this post will be short because I gave Troy the camera to take pictures and they took 4! Oh well, I expected that to happen.
Gavin has been talking about the Dunes for about a month now and I used his excitement as leverage when he would miss behave (too bad it doesn’t work anymore). Friday morning came and at 4am I got Gavin up to get ready and load up. I just want to inform every one that Thursday night I didn’t go to sleep until 1:30am, I don’t know why. Well when I went to Gavin’s room his light was on and he wasn’t in his bed. I was freaking out and thought that someone kidnapped him. I know I over reacted a little. Well I ran in our room to find that Gavin had came in early that morning, I didn’t remember hearing him. That is most likely because he knows that if he comes to my side of the bed I will put him back to in his room. Well he was so tired and didn’t want to get up so Troy pretended he was going to leave that without him. I guess he must have been really tired because he said okay. Eventually he got excited and realized where he was headed. When they all finally left it was about 5:30 and I was so excited to go back to bed and sleep in for a little while. Much to my surprise I couldn’t fall back asleep. I was so tired and knew that I had to leave the house by 10. I finally went back to sleep at 9 and woke up an hour later.
Troy rented a rhino because we thought that the kids would get sick of riding their 4-wheelers. Well they did and they all loved to ride around in the rhino. Gavin came home one Saturday evening and Sunday morning told me how much fun he had. He also mentioned that he loved to watch the bikers jump the hill (his words) “Mom the motorcycles jumped over the mountains and they went vroom vroom just like that.” He has so much fun, I am sure he is looking forward to next time.


Ed and the girls in the rhino at the dunesGavin in the morning just before leaving... it was 4 in the morning that is why this pic is so dark