Monday, April 14, 2008

Ironman Weekend



This past weekend was so much fun, Scott did the Ironman and Lynn and Jake came down form California to show support. But, before the Ironman on Sunday I had a few friends over for a BBQ. I am so glad to have such amazing friends that I am able to be myself around and laugh until I pee my pants. I had everyone bring something and they all did, which was a great help. I gave the assignment to Jared to bring a dessert, holy cow it was amazing. Everyone at the party loved this chocolate cheesecake and it looked so pretty. I am really big on the way foods looks only because I enjoy the presentation so much.
Well, we ate and they played games after. We played this gamed called Buzz and did boys against girls. When it came time for Regan’s turn she was laughing so hard she was crying so she lost us a good turn. In Regan’s defense she loves cats and that was the buzz word, and so for some reason we all thought that was hilarious. I had a blast and was glad that everyone was able to stay late.
On Sunday I went to support Scott in the Ironman, which is an amazing sight. I really am so proud of Scott and everyone else who did it. Last year when I went I missed the swimming portion of the race and Kristen told me that was one of the best parts. So this year we all went early to see the race start. It is amazing footage to see all these people in the water preparing themselves for the day of endurance. The energy is overwhelming and it really was a sight to see. The most humbling part of the race is at the very end when you watch the racers cross the finish line and collapse right after. Everyone was emotional at the sight and a very emotional ending. I was so glad that I was able to be there and was in complete awe of the determination of the racers. GO SCOTTIE!!!