Monday, March 24, 2008

Gavin the ladies man, Easter, and my "so vain" son!


To start off last Friday I had the pleasure of watching the Patterson girls because, baby Kingston finally arrived. I really do love having them over, Gavin loves them and gets to have playmates all day. We spent most of the morning outside playing on the slip n’ slide and the inflatable water slide. I went to make them a snack and came out to find they all had made little beds out of my chairs. It was so cute; they wanted me to put the snacks in the center and just sat there enjoying the outside. Okay now I need to explain why Kendra and Gavin are the only ones who are in there gender appropriate swimsuit. Bethany didn’t have Kaili and Kennedy’s swim wear out for the summer yet, so they wanted to wear Gavin’s old swimsuit. It was so cute!
That afternoon they all decided to make a store/office in my office bathroom. I cleaning and didn’t realize what they were doing until I heard a bunch of noises in the bathroom. I went in to find three chairs in the shower and Kendra on the toilet with the table in front of her eating a play dough sandwich. Again very funny, I am so amazed with the imaginations of children. When they had to leave Gavin was devastated and wanted them to come over that night. Oh and a little side note I was listening in to Gavin and Kennedy’s conversation which went something like this.
Kennedy: “I have a boyfriend that I am going to marry”
Gavin: “Who?”
Kennedy: “Tory is my husband I am going to marry him,”
Gavin: “I can’t marry him, I don’t’ have a boyfriend, Tory can’t be my boyfriend he is my dad.”
I chime in with you can’t marry him, I am married to him.
Kennedy: “I am going to marry him.”
I really love to hear kids talk it is very entertaining.
Now on to Easter I forgot to take my camera to the Saba’s Easter so I only have pictures of Gavin waking up and finding his Easter basket. He loved it and wanted to color right away. Later that day Troy and I went to my Uncle Kent’s house for Easter. They have a gorgeous house and quite large, which was helpful because almost everyone in the Saba family comes to Easter. (That’s a lot of people) Easter started at 1pm and I didn’t pick Gavin until 4 so I thought he would miss the Easter egg hunt. Well, lucky for me we didn’t start eating dinner until 3 so he was able to participate in the hunt. Gavin is now almost 4 and I still thought he might need some help looking for eggs. All my thought quickly vanished when I saw him find all those eggs. I think he found the most eggs out of anyone. I had to tell him to let other kids get some. He seriously is a good “hunter?” I guess that is what I would call him in this situation.
Early that day when we pick him up to bring him back so that every one could see him, they were thrilled. The Saba’s do not get to see him much because I have him every other holiday and that always seems to land on the Saba’s holiday. Anyways my grandparents where so excited and my grandpa Roger asked Gavin if he wanted a dollar. Of course Gavin said yes, and my grandpa pulled out a buck and gave it to him. While Gavin was inspecting the dollar he noticed the pyramid and the back of the dollar bill which he said “Grandpa great look the temple.” It really was so cute!


I also wanted to share these cute pictures of Gavin. This morning I gave him a bath in my tub. I like to clean my bedroom while he is taking shower or bath. Well this morning I went to get him out and I found him starting at his butt in the mirror. Either my son is a comedian or very vain. I think he is a mixture of both. I thought it was cute so I wanted to post pictures from it. I also taught him to plug his nose and hold his breath so that he could go under water. SIDE NOTE: I am now obsessed with two new shows, one of which has gone off the air but you can still rent the seasons. The other one just wrapped its first season. They are………. Arrested Development and Lipstick Jungle, I love them!